Welcome to Sixth Grade
Welcome to our classroom web page! This is the place to learn about sixth grade science, social studies, math, and learning adventures! On this page you will be able to find what's going on in our classroom, important events, access to necessary information, and connect with our classroom Twitter page.
School Calendar 2015- 2016
Here is the school calendar for 2016-2017. Feel free to print off and use in your future planning!
Our Daily Schedule
10:00-10:30 Science/Social Studies 1
10:30-11:00 Special (Innovation Center, Gym, Art, and Music)
11:00-12:00 Recess and Lunch
12:00-12:45 Science/Social Studies 1
12:45-2:00 Science/Social Studies 2
2:00-3:15 Science/Social Studies 3
Our classroom is on Twitter
Feel free to follow me: @teacherhazelton
This year in Pre-Algebra, we have many things to accomplish. We will begin the year reviewing hands on equation, covering perimeter, covering area, working with measurements, solving variables, and working with decimals. The foundation for the rest of the year will be built reviewing these key concepts in the beginning.
We have used hands on work, Ipad workshops, and Jepardy review games to reinforce and practice skills.
Throughout the year students will be participating in several projects below are a few examples of what you can expect to see and hear about this year:
1. Green Energy with Lego robotics
2. K'Nex Roller Coasters studying potential and kinetic energy
3. Re-Engineered Titanic with 3D prints and video analysis examining potential and kinetic energy
4. Developing a scale model of the shoulder bones while studying Soul Surfer Bethany Hamilton
5. Pathway to your Dream- developing a path to achieving your dream (classes, college, training, etc.)
6. Global Awareness/ Holocaust- students will be developing country floats with EV3 robots and presenting
7. Dissection of a sheep eye comparing pro's and con's of this eye to the human eye
8. Dissection of a squid learning the anatomy
9. Liquid nitrogen- analyzing how liquid nitrogen affects various object discussing particle movement in each of the states of matter
10. States of Matter Movie Magic- students will develop commercials explaining the various states of matter
11. Eagle Creek- students will be going down to our local creek to collect and observe macros while analyzing the PH levels of the creek
We need your help!
Throughout the year we will need assistance in organizing classroom events, working with small groups, and chaperoning field trips. If you are interested in helping out in any of these areas please let us know through an email, a phone call, or by sending a note in with your child to their homeroom teacher. We appreciate your help! Thank you!
*** In order for anyone to be a volunteer, you MUST have a background check on file in the office ***